Sunday, July 26, 2020

Reflection - Sunday Scaries Edition

A few weeks back, we were challenged to go 24 hours without screens. After many failed attempts, I have finally found myself able to disconnect.

(Partly in thanks to my young daughter that smashed my phone which has required me to send it out for repair as the great unpleasantness has closed brick-and-mortar locations.)

I awoke early to get out on the water in my kayak before the storms of the day rolled in and spent hours out in the gulf taking in the sea and sun.



Peaceful.
Unbothered.
Serene.

I was able to decompress for the stresses of projects and deadlines and the terrible-twos and selling a house and injustices and political follies and infection rates and and and.

Just me. Singularly focused. Moving my boat forward.

Days that allow me to recharge in this way are few and far between, but so needed. I feel the mental clarity that can come from a disconnected day are so advantageous for new-found motivation.

While we can't disconnect in this way everyday, I certainly believe that I am going to make a very conscious effort to try and disconnect more often during the upcoming break. Researching content for my post on conspiracy bogged me down more this week than I had been in a few weeks. But disconnecting helped erased that "meh" right away.


1 comment:

  1. That looks so peaceful! I haven't been able to disconnect yet, but I am ready!

    ReplyDelete